17 Comments

1. Juan C

Oh man!

Finally I've found something that really works!
    THANKS A LOT!

2. Ani Papyan

Thanks a lot! it really helps

3. jason

I use fedora13, and I get the following error when trying to send and email with mail command as you showed above.

errormsg='cannot set X509 trust file /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Equifax_Secure_CA.crt for T
    LS session: Error while reading file.' exitcode=EX_NOINPUT

I see that I do not have the Equifax_Secure_CA.crt file. How can I fix this problem.

Thank you.

• Ito

I'm also on Fedora (19) and I'm using file "/usr/share/kde4/apps/kssl/ca-bundle.crt" (package kdelibs)
      It works for me.

4. bk322

Thanks, I've profited from this.

5. Luke Mackenzie

I followed the insructions but get:

send-mail: account default not found: no configuration file available

6. Tom

nice, simple instructions. works a treat!
    is there any way to attach files?

7. Edward G Prentice

To use with Gmail's two-step authentication, generate a password for msmtp and use that instead of your regular password in the .msmtprc file.

• Linerd

Thanks for the tip on 2 Factor authentication.

8. Mike

Exactly what I was looking for and it works! Thanks!

9. James

Perfect, and super-easy to set up (Ubuntu Precise here). Thanks!

10. unni smohan

hi thanks this really worked.
    I need to know whether we can do it in redhat linux enterprise editon 5 also?
    if yes then how?

11. Menno

Does this work if you normally use two-factor authentication for your gmail account?

• Ton van Overbeek

Yes, works with two-factor authentication.
      You will have to generate an application specific password for msmtp on your pi on your Google account page.
      Use this application specific password in your .msmtprc file.

• Linerd