10 Comments

1. ar

Great Tutorial

2. I was getting the 404 error for phpmyadmin as well, and what worked for me was to add the line "Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf" in the /etc/apache2/apache2.conf (as per https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP)

3. pavan

Hi Everyone,
    I get localhost page i.e., "It Works"
    But i can't access localhost/phpmyadmin page , It say 404 error.
    Help me

• pavan

Finally I got it by using
      sudo dpkg-reconfigure -plow phpmyadmin

sudo ln -s /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload

• themirror

Thank you buddy, that did the trick for me too

4. @Samanta, I don’t think this a is a error message or at least an error message that you should be worries about. This is just a log of when the apache daemon was restarted. Nothing nasty.

5. Samanta

Hi I think I have a problem when I reload apache this appears in the error.log

[Wed Jul 18 13:44:58 2012] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
    [Wed Jul 18 13:44:58 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations

And this when I restart Apache
    [Wed Jul 18 13:50:44 2012] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
    [Wed Jul 18 13:50:45 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2 with Suhosin-Patch configured -- resuming normal operations

this didn't appear before =(

6. cliff

the and was missing from my post (a space instead). don't put the p inside the < in the quotes.

7. samir

Local host shows blank php page in browser but html page are working fine.It shows no error,but just blank page.

• cliff

I had this problem too, a tutorial I used was wrong. Do not put and inside double quotes. The example said,

echo " This is a PHP line ";

When corrected to

echo "This is a PHP line";

it works. I'm still new to this, but that change fixed the blank page, displays now.